Oscars trivia quiz: Hudson Valley stars at the Academy Awards
VideosOscar nominations 2013 Oscar predictions: Best actor and supporting actor 2013 Oscar predictions: Best actress and supporting actress
GalleriesOscar winners from the Hudson Valley Denzel Washington's 10 most memorable movie roles Oscars fashion: Most memorable looks worn by Hudson Valley celebs
Web links2013 Oscars: Your complete guide
With the 85th Academy Awards airing Sunday night, it's time to test your knowledge when it comes to the film industry's biggest awards show. A number of celebrities with local ties have made their mark on the Oscars, both as nominees and as hosts. Take the quiz below to see how much you know about the Hudson Valley's connection to the big event. (And if you get stumped, the answers are at the bottom.)
1. Which Hudson Valley actor has achieved "EGOT" status by having won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Award?
A) Al Pacino
2. Which Hudson Valley comedian greeted the audience by saying "Good evening, Hollywood phonies" when hosting the 1987 Academy Awards?
A) Chevy Chase
B) Bill Murray
C) Joan Rivers
3. The 1987 film "Fatal Attraction," which received six Academy Award nominations, filmed scenes in Westchester. Which pair of Westchester residents starred in the film?
B) Susan Lucci and Stanley Tucci
C) Catherine Zeta-Jones and Tim Robbins
D) Peter Falk and Ruby Dee
4. Former Larchmont resident Ang Lee won the best director Oscar for what film?
A) "Sense and Sensibility"
B) "Brokeback Mountain"
C) "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
D) "The Ice Storm"
5) Mount Vernon native Art Carney won the best actor Oscar for 1974's "Harry and Tonto." He also starred on which classic TV show?
A) "I Love Lucy"
C) "The Honeymooners"
D) "The Odd Couple"
6. Which Oscar winner/nominee did NOT attend Vassar College in Poughkeepsie?
A) Anne Hathaway
B) Jane Fonda
C) Meryl Streep
D) Melissa Leo
7. When North Salem resident David Letterman hosted the 1994 Academy Awards, he did a comedy bit in which he gave a shout-out to which Hudson Valley actress?
A) Uma Thurman
B) Jessica Lange
C) Vanessa Williams
D) Ricki Lake
8. Which Oscar-winning film was NOT filmed in Westchester?
A) "Black Swan"
B) "A Beautiful Mind"
C) "The Artist"
D) "The Departed"
9. Palisades resident Al Pacino won the Oscar for best actor in 1992 for "Scent of a Woman." Which Hudson Valley actor did he beat out for the award?
A) Bill Murray
C) Richard Gere
D) "The Little Mermaid"
Answers: 1. B; 2. A; 3. A; 4. B; 5. C; 6. D (Leo attended Purchase College); 7. A ("Oprah. Uma. Uma. Oprah."); 8. C; 9. D (Washington was nominated for "Malcolm X"); 10. B