All things entertaining in Westchester, Rockland and the Hudson Valley
BloggersChris Serico Kirthana Ramisetti Georgette Yacoub Kristin Taveira Anne Machalinski Estelle Lander
posts Next postDavid Letterman to Taylor Swift: Write a song about me
Halloween costume ideas: Dress up as a Hudson Valley celeb
Halloween is only one week away, which means that if you don't have a costume ready, you better figure that out fast. Need help? We have five costume ideas based on celebs with connections to the Hudson Valley.
1. Snooki: The self-proclaimed “Princess of Poughkeepsie” has dialed down her look since becoming a new mom, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress up as the Marlboro native from her “Jersey Shore” days. A hair pouf, tight-fitting dress and fake tan are all you need to evoke vintage Snooki (just like Kelly Ripa did on "Live! With Regis and Kelly" in 2010, seen here).
2. Paul Reubens: It’s easy to dress up as this Peekskill native’s alter-ego Pee-Wee Herman: Just don a gray suit, red bowtie and and white sneakers. Bonus points if you do the “Pee-Wee dance” on the top of a bar, just like the character did in his first movie.
Celebrities' Halloween costumes
| 31 Halloween costume ideas for adults
| Celebrities from the Hudson Valley
MORE: Halloween costume shops in the Hudson Valley | Fright sites: Local Halloween events | Get spooked at local haunted houses
3. Steven Tyler: The Yonkers native and lead singer for Aerosmith has an eclectic style that can make for a great Halloween outfit. Leather pants and rock star hair are a must. Funky accessories like a top hat, scarves, fake tattoos and lots of jewelry will help complete your look.
4. Liza Minnelli: You can put together a costume based on the actress' Oscar-winning role as Sally Bowles in “Cabaret.” To look like Minnelli, who briefly attended Scarsdale High School, wear a bowler hat, a kicky black ensemble, thigh-high boots, plus fake lashes and red lipstick.
5. Don Draper: If you’d rather wear a Halloween costume based on a fictional resident of the Hudson Valley, Don Draper from “Mad Men” is ideal. To dress up as the former Ossining resident, put on your sharpest suit, add a fedora and vintage tie, and carry a pack of cigarettes. (And if you’re looking to dress up like one of the “Mad Men” ladies, these local vintage stores often have 60s-era dresses.)
Who are you planning to dress up as for Halloween this year? Take our poll or let us know in the comments!